Monday, February 27, 2006

You're Wearing a Cynthia Mask




I went to see Robyn Hitchcock on Saturday. He is probably my favorite songwriter. I didn't realize you could take a camera inside, so these pictures are from my mobile.





Grant Lee Phillips made a special guest appearance, playing with Robyn acoustic and later with the full band. When he came out I yelled for the song "I Feel Beautiful," and they played it. It was kind of amazing.




Robyn's backing band was some of the guys from The Minus 5, who opened the night. I had never listened to them before, they were really great. Kind of like really early Wilco.






Everyone was on stage for the closing song, "I Wanna Destroy You," a tune from Robyn's old band Soft Boys. He dedicated it to President George W. Bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home