Friday, January 13, 2006

Stave it Off, 1, 2, 7

This is my seventh foodless day of the Master Cleanser fast. And the lemonade is starting to get incredibly boring. I actually look forward to those times in the morning when I have to drink a quart of salt water to flush my system, or nights when I arrive home at 2am to make my cup of herbal laxative tea, just for the variant in taste. And I dread those days when I have to visit the grocery store to purchase more spring water or maple syrup, and am forced to pass up fresh baked breads, artisan cheeses, and hell, even uncooked Pop Tarts are looking pretty great right now.

The first question people ask when they hear I'm doing this is not "why" because people in Los Angeles are so used to insane diet and health regimens that to not be flushing or peeling or expunging is abnormal. Instead, people ask, "How do you feel?" I think they expect a one-word answer, like "fine" or "shitty," which is why I like to keep people off-balance by elaborating. Because deep down, I know you really care about how I feel. Thus:

My energy level is pretty normal. I am lucid throughout the day, but I don't really do anything strenuous for fear of overexertion. The book says you can work out; I'm actually going to try that tomorrow. I'll be going to the gym mainly to see how much I weigh. My guess is I've lost about 15 pounds so far, which if you've ever hugged me or seen me in profile, you know to be substantial. My steam trails off a bit in the mid-to-late afternoon like most people, but I've found that it really ramps up around 6pm, so much so that I'm almost jittery. When I go to bed, I sleep very soundly.

The thing I notice most is that my senses feel heightened. I walked past a guy at work yesterday and asked, "Did
you have a cheesesteak for lunch?" He said, "Yeah, how did you know that?" "I'm Jesus," I replied. Then, "Just kidding. I'm God. Don't drive a car tonight." In general though, I'm very alert. So I'm going to test it at MOCA's Ecstasy exhibit to see what sort of inter(re)action happens.

That's how I'm feeling. How are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home